If you are from an EU national country, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein and you are coming to study in the UK or are currently a student in the UK, please read the following information carefully.

As the UK is currently in the transition period following its exit from the European Union, students beginning new courses before the end of this year will need to apply for UK immigration status (either settled or pre-settled status) under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Except in a few cases, you need to apply if:

  • You’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • You’re not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen but your family member is.


You must be resident in the UK before 31st December 2020 in order to be eligible to apply.


You do not need to apply if you have

  • ‘Indefinite leave to enter’ the UK
  • ‘Indefinite leave to remain’ in the UK
  • British citizenship
  • Irish citizenship


The College’s central source for information about Brexit can be found here and is regularly updated with the latest news and information.

Please note that the visa arrangements for EU nationals from 1 January 2021 are not yet confirmed. We will be updating our advice for students starting courses after 1 January 2021 as soon as it is available.