Security and insurance
Insurance and security
We work in partnership with Endsleigh, the No. 1 student insurance provider, to provide basic contents cover for the contents inside your room. You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover, but it is important for you to check and ensure that you fully understand the protection provided and whether it is sufficient for your needs.
Your policy number is HH1118 and you can visit www.endsleigh.co.uk/reviewcover to check your details. Visit the review cover link to:
? Check your level of cover
? Review key exclusions and limitations
? Check your policy excess
? Learn how to make a claim
? Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables
Endsleigh knows that life can grind to a halt without your possessions, so it is worth spending a few minutes to establish whether the things that matter to you most are protected both inside and outside your room. They are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS and have been shaping their products and services around their customers’ needs for over 50 years.
Developing products built for students, Endsleigh understands that protecting and replacing gadgets quickly is hugely important to students; that’s why they will replace any lost, stolen or unrepairable gadgets within 24 hours of your claim being approved. Their cover can protect gadgets, watches, bikes and musical instruments under one policy—giving you the flexibility to build your cover to protect the things that matter to you most.
To find out more, visit Check Your Cover.
Imperial takes the safety and security of its students, staff and buildings very seriously. In these days of heightened security awareness, it is necessary for everyone to play their part in ensuring that best practice is followed at all times. Please help us to help you by remembering the following:
- Carry your College ID card at all times
- Show your ID card when asked to do so by a security officer
- Report lost cards to Security immediately on extension 58900 for all London campuses and 42515/42491 for Silwood Park Campus
- Be aware of any suspicious packages or behaviour and report them to Security on extension 4444 for all London campuses and 42515/42491 for Silwood Park Campus
- If you are uncertain about, or worried by something you see, do not hesitate to contact Security on extension 58900 for all London campuses and 42515/42491 for Silwood Park Campus
- If a door has access only by ID card, it means that entry to that area is restricted. Do not allow unauthorised or unknown people to follow you in
- Do not leave personal valuables lying around - lock them securely out of sight
- Lock your study-bedroom door, even if you are only going to the kitchen or bathroom
- Check doors and windows are locked at night or when going out - don’t assume someone else will do it
You can also learn more on the Security website.