Watch our step by step guide on how to register online

New student? Register online before term starts

If you're starting your studies at the College on 28 September 2019, you will be able to register from the start of September.

New students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) will also need to register in person

Find out more about online registration below.

Online registration

How do I register?

Getting started

You will complete online registration through our online application system.

Make sure to upload a photo of yourself when registering online. This will help you avoid queuing to have your ID card photo taken when term starts.

To access our online application system you first need to activate your account. This will give you a username and password. Details on how to do this are sent out in an email from the College between May and July.

If you have not received this email and cannot access our online application system, please contact our Admissions team at remember to include your College Identifier (CID) or UCAS ID in the email.

Once you've logged in

Use these step-by-step guides to comple your registration:

How do I upload my passport and visa to the application system (international students only)?

Need a visa to study at Imperial?

When you register, you will have to provide details of your up-to-date passport and visa.

Make sure you have scanned copies of your passport and visa. You will need to upload these when registering.

Depending on which you have been issued, you will need to upload your 30-day visa or your Biometric Residence Permit.

I get an error message when I try to register – what should I do?

International students

If you are an international student and you need a visa to study in the UK, make sure you have uploaded a copy of your visa on the Passport/Visa page.

Once you upload your copy, we need 2 to 3 working days to check your visa and clear you for registration.
We process your documents as quickly as possible, so please be patient during this busy period. If you see an error three days after uploading your visa, you can conisder contacting us. If you still cannot register after three days, contact Make sure you include your CID number.

Need more information about applying for a visa? See our International Student Support website.

Home and EU students

If you are a Home or EU student and you receive an error message, contact Make sure you include your CID number or UCAS ID.

How will my data be used?

As part of our data monitoring process we collect information on the following protected characteristics:

  • Sexual Orientation
  • Disability
  • Religion
  • Gender Identity
  • Ethnicity

The information we hold about you will be sent to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) as part of your HESA record. For more information about HESA Student Data Collection please see our HESA Collection Notices.

We may use your information to carry out statistical analysis as part of our internal monitoring processes. You will be asked to complete the protected characteristics information when registering online for your course.