We’re looking for applicants who have:
- enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and mathematics as demonstrated by your personal statement
- excellent academic ability
- strong English language skills
- clear motivation for attending the programme
Global Summer School dates:
- Monday 29 June - Saturday 11 July 2020
- Monday 03 August - Saturday 15 August 2020
You will need to demonstrate excellent academic ability with a majority of predicted or received A*–A grades at GCSE level or equivalent across all subjects, with a minimum of a grade A in maths and science. Please see our How to apply page for more details.
If you receive a conditional offer, you will need to send us an up-to-date transcript of your most recent school or college grades to demonstrate that you have met the required academic standard. Where this is not available, further information from your teacher, tutor, school counsellor or equivalent would be required.
See our guide for the most common international qualifications and the UK equivalents.
English language requirements
Strong English language skills are required. We will ask you to provide proof of competency in English (e.g. IELTS) if your first language is not English or English is not the language in which you are taught at school.
The requirements for the Global Summer School are in line with the requirements for undergraduate programmes at Imperial.
To enrol on the Summer School in 2019 you must:
- be 16 years old on or before 31 August 2019
- not turn 18 years old before or during the Summer School
For example, if you enrol on the July Summer School you should already be between 16 and 17 years old, or be due to turn 16 before 31 August 2019.